As a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we pledge:
- To provide the public with information about funerals, including prices, and about the functions, services and responsibilities of funeral directors.
- To afford a continuing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance.
- To make funerals available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the need of all segments of the community, and affirmatively to extend to everyone the right of inspecting and freely considering all of them.
- To quote conspicuously in writing the charges for every funeral offered; to identify clearly the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations; and to follow a policy of reasonable adjustment when less than the quoted offering is utilized.
- To furnish to each family at the time funeral arrangements are made, a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without the approval of the purchaser.
- To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading, and to apply a standard of total honesty in all dealings.
- To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy.
- To maintain a qualified and competent staff, complete facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral service.
- To assure those we serve the right of personal choice and decision in making funeral arrangements.
- To be responsive to the needs of the poor, serving then within their means.
We pledge to conduct ourselves in every way and at all times in such a manner as to deserve the public trust.